4 Days TUTC Chamba Luxury Camp Thiksey Ladakh Tour
3 Nights / 4 Days
Destination Covered : Leh Ladakh
Tour Activities : Hill Stations & Valleys
Leh Ladakh Tour Itinerary
The Ladakh Camping Trip starts with your arrival this morning, into Leh. Meet our representative at the airport. Get assistance for transfer to your residence, The Chamba Camp, Thiksey. As you drive to your destination soak in the serene views of the mountains. At the camp you will be welcomed according to the traditional rituals of Ladakh. Check-in to your luxury tent after your check-in formalities are completed by our Guest Relations hostess.
There are no scheduled activities for today. It is as medically mandated that you relax and undergo minimal exertion. On the day of arrival you need to be able to acclimatize to the rare oxygen levels at this high-altitude. Explore the camp grounds. The camp enjoys scenic location. The ThikseyMonastery can be seen looming in the background.
In the evening, anexcursion specialist at Chamba Camp, Thiksey will meet with you to discuss the itinerary. You will be advisedand helpedto plan your excursions and make changes if required, to suit your interests, choices and leisure. Enjoy a delicious traditional dinner and take rest in your comfy tent.
Start the day late. There are no plans for the morning. Enjoy a leisurely breakfast and walk around the camp site.Feel blessed in the aura of unmatched beauty and serenity, making you unwind and relax. Or, if you are an early riser, set out on our optional bird watching sojourn. Our camp naturalist accompanies you.Spot and identify a variety of birds of the Trans Himalayan region. This afternoon following lunch, proceed on a tour of Leh. The capital town of Ladakh is located approximately 19 kilometres (1 hr) from your camp. The sightseeing tour comprises popular landmarks. Start the tour with the magnificent Leh Palace. It was built by King Sengge Namgyal in the 17th century. the palace has nine storeys', some of which are in ruins. Here you can exploredisplays of beautiful Ladakhi architecture. From the palace continue by foot to the LAMO (Ladakh Arts & Media Organisation) Centre. The short walking tour passes through some enchanting old houses. The LAMO centre is housed in one of the most important heritage houses, theMunshi (Togoche) House.It is situated at the foot of the Leh Palace. Following a tour of the house, attend a short presentation by a Ladakhi scholar on the architectural heritage of the old city. Enjoy a panoramic view from the terrace of the Munshi House as you sip the special Ladakhi tea with light snacks.
The Heritage exploration tour moves to the bazaar. Walk through the bustling bazaar where you can view the traditional handicrafts and handlooms. Buy some souvenirs for your hoe reminding of the old City. The tour concludes at the Shanti Stupa.Perched upon a great location overseeingLeh, it offersspectacular views of the stone strewn landscape. Watch the setting sun, as you relish a hot cup of traditional Ladakhi butter tea. Return to your camp for a delicious dinner and an overnight stay.
Get up and ready for an early morning. Sip warm tea or coffee, following which you visit to the Thiksey monastery. The serene monasterystands about a kilometre from your camp. This beautiful monastery houses a two storeystatue of the Maitreya Buddha seated on a lotus. Pay regards. The monastery is blessed with a remarkable view of the valley. At the monastery, you will have the opportunity to participate in the Morning Prayer ceremony at sunrise. Continue on a guided tour of the monastery.Visit the beautiful prayer room which has manyhandwritten and painted books. Also visit the temple dedicated to goddess Tara with her 21 images placed in glass-covered wooden shelves. Pay your regards to the small shrines devoted to the guardian divinities including Cham-Sing, the protector deity of Thiksey.
Return to the camp for a leisurely breakfast. The rest of the morning is free. You can choose to relax and take in the unspoiled beauty around you. Or take up the opportunity to indulge in our optional cycling trip in the vicinity of the Thiksey village and its surroundings. Or else you could also choose to drive to the Saboo village for a séance session with the Oracle.
[Note: This optional excursion will be confirmed a day prior subject to the oracle willing to give an audience]
This afternoon, proceed to the Hemis Monastery. Explore the jewel in the crown of the Drukpa lineage. The Hemis Monastery is the oldest monastic institution of Ladakh, situated about 20 kilometres (1 hr) from Thiksey. Built in a secluded valley, the monastery belongs to the Drukpa School or the Dragon Order of Mahayana Buddhism. Explore the many fascinatingfacades of this institution. The monastery dates back to the 13th century. It was established under the patronage of King SengeNamygal. Here young lamas are taught literature, history, philosophy, yoga and tantra. The monastery halls are adorned with beautiful statues and mural paintings. After a well spent day return to the camp for dinner and overnight stay.
Start the day with a leisurely breakfast. Today you bid farewell to the breathtaking mountainous terrain of Ladakh. Get an assisted transfer to the Leh airport.Board your flight to your onward destination wit cherished memories of your holiday.
More Details about Leh Ladakh Tour
- Clients / tourist/ customer are requested to go through all the terms and conditions before booking the tour. Once you have booked the tour, it is taken for granted that you have read and understood the rules and regulations laid down by the company.
- These terms and conditions constitute a binding contract between you ( hereinafter referred as “ user”/ ‘ you “ ) and A.K. Travels ( hereinafter referred as “ A.K. Travels ) with regards to your use of its website ( hereinafter referred as “ website”) and the use of various services that are provided by A.K. Travels.
- The content of this website “ aktravelsindia.in “ is presented solely for the purpose of promoting our travel programs and services. Use of this web site to purchase any services and programs from a.k . travels is conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms and conditions contained herein. Your use of this website or availing of any services from ak travels constitutes your agreement to all such terms and conditions. All amended terms and conditions shall automatically be effective upon being posted by a.k . travels to the website. Accordingly you should check the website frequently for any changes to these terms and conditions.
- Travel products and services offered to you and purchased by you are subject to your acceptance without modification of all the terms & Conditions.
- The payment of the deposit or any partial or full payment for a reservation shall constitute consent to all provisions stated. A.k . travels and its representatives act only as booking agents for the passenger/tourist/customers in making arrangements for hotels, transportation, sightseeing, or other services herein. We are travel and holiday organizers only. We do not control or operate any airline, neither do we own or control any shipping company, coach or coach company, hotel, transport or any other facility or service mentioned in our website. The individual participant and / or purchaser , by acceptance of the program in the form of payment , agrees that a.k. travels and / or its agents shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, theft accident, delay or irregularity, liability, or expense, to person or property due to any act or default of any hotel, carrier, or other service provider included herein.
- At the time of booking, every person/tourist/clients will have to pay 30% of the tour cost in advance; the remaining payment should be made 15 days before departure date of the tour schedule.
- Request for cancellation and refund should be made in written verbal communication is not acceptable. Refund will be paid by cheque and not in cash with in 30 days of working schedule.
- It is clear understanding between either parties that any loss arising on account of cancellation of flight/train/bus tickets booked by the clients; either through the company or on his/her own or through a third party; the company shall not be liable for such losses or additional expense, or consequential loss suffered by the clients.
- It is mandatory for guests to present valid photo identification at the time of check -in.
- Early check in or late check -out is subject to availability and may chargeable by the hotel.
- The standard check in time is 12.30 pm and check out time is 11.30 am.
- Room service charges, telephone bill, heater charges, snacks charges food will be charged other than booking plan.
- The menus are pre -set menus provided for b/fast /dinner /lunch on the tour as mentioned under each tour itinerary as published in our website.
- We shall not in any way is responsible for any loss or theft of goods or any property of the tourist during their tour. A. k. travels and its agents and suppliers accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, accident, delay, or irregularity, expense or liability arising from sickness, lobar disputes, machinery breakdown, government restraints, war, weather conditions, nor for any additional expenses or damages due to changes in advertised schedule or services or any other cause beyond their control.
- Request for cancellation and refund should be made in written, communication is not acceptable refund will be paid by cheque and not in cash within 30 days of tour.
- For cancellations done prior to 60 days of departure no cancellation fees would apply.
- For cancellations done prior 30 days of departure 25 % cancellations charges would apply of total tour cost.
- For cancellations done prior 15 days of departure 50 % cancellation charges would apply of the total tour cost.
- For cancellations done prior 7 days departure 75 % cancellations charges apply of the tour cost.
- For cancellations done within 7 days of departure 100% cancellation charges would apply. no refunds would be made.
- All the above hotel cancellation for FIT & GIT is subject to all individual hotels terms and conditions.
- No refund will be made in case of mechanical trouble to the vehicle or natural calamities like, landslides, flood, and earthquake. Heavy snowfall or any other reason beyond the control of the company.
- We shall not be responsible for any changes in the itinerary due to landslides flight cancellations weather conditions or any unforeseen circumstances. The additional cost incurred will be in addition to the cost.
- We reserve the right to change any information before or after your booking the tour due to any events beyond our control. Where we may know of these sufficiently in advance we will notify you, otherwise our staff or local representative will inform you of the changes on the spot.
- For postpone/ prepone of tour package are to be communicated in written and need to be inform us at least 15 days prior of tour date.
- We have mentioned the names of the hotels for each tour we reserve the right to change the same due to unavoidable circumstances. In that case we may provide alternative, similar accommodation for which we are not liable to pay any refund.
- Regarding the Rohtangpass tour --: Rohtang pass closed on Tuesday for General Tourists due to road maintenance work but the Travelers who wants to travel to Lahaul leh spiti can move on Tuesday also .from November to April the Rohtang pass remains close due to heavy snowfall and the vehicles go till snow point only. The pass is accessible from may second week to 15TH November only.
- Hence, if you are going beyond Rohtang Pass to Leh - Ladakh or Lahaul Valley or Spiti Valley or Pangi Valley and taking any vehicle (diesel vehicle not older than 10 yrs), be it Himachal registered or outside Himachal registered, you can travel there without the restrictions of 1200 vehicles
- As per NGT rules & regulations 600 petrol and 400 diesel vehicle allowed to go rohtang pass every day except on Tuesday. Those who are willing to visit the scenic pass via Manali have to apply for special route permit as per the guidelines of NATIONAL GREEN TRIBUNAL. The permits are available online., Permit is available online for rs. 550 ( + taxi charges whatever fixed by Manali taxi union/administration) including rs. 50 congestion charges as per the NGT order. Heavy vehicles will have to pay congestion charges of rs. 100.